Rappelling Training Experience
On Thursday, I had the opportunity to rappel on campus at the 40-foot tower beside Building F. When I first arrived, we had our initial formation to ensure full accountability and confirm that everyone was present. After that, the instructors explained what we’d be doing and demonstrated how to properly come down the wall.
Next, we moved to a low 45-degree platform to practice close to the ground, which helped reduce the risk of accidents. Once everyone completed their practice round, it was time for the real thing. The cadre checked our harnesses to make sure they were secured correctly, and then we climbed to the top of the tower.
At the top, they clipped us in, and we leaned back against the wall before bounding down. It was an awesome experience overall, and I definitely wish I could do it more often.
Comments
Post a Comment