Ranger Challenge Training – Strength Focus

Today for Ranger Challenge at ROTC, we focused on building strength. This morning, our workout was a Murph — a grueling routine that includes a one-mile run, followed by 100 pull-ups, 200 push-ups, and 300 air squats, and finishes with another one-mile run while wearing a weighted vest.


Since we don’t have weighted vests, we completed the Murph without them. To keep the emphasis on strength, instead of running the final mile, we continued rotating through pull-ups, push-ups, and squats until the time limit expired.


It was a tough session, but a great way to test endurance, strength, and mental toughness.


Comments

  1. Hey there Erica! I really enjoyed reading your post on Ranger Challenge training. I've never done it, but I've heard that doing a Murph is very difficult, so props to you for doing it! I like how you adapted with focusing on strength, even though you didn't have all the needed equipment. I notice how hard you push yourself to achieve your goals! Fantastic job Erica, keep pushing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erica! I really liked your post about the ranger challenge training that you did today! That challenge that you did today definitely seems extremely hard and i am so proud of you for doing it and completing it! I also know this is done very early in the morning so i also give you lots of praise for that. I really don't know how you do that and go to a full day of classes! I really like your overall determination and skill to complete the tasks each day. Even Though you said it was hard, you understood the benefits of doing the challenge. I really liked your overall mindset i this post! Good job!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Walk in the woods

Rappelling Training Experience